Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Evening


I has been another fun packed day in our lives. To name a few events:

  1. Frank went to see Mike in the morning while Mary and I stayed home and packed her up for the trip home. We stopped by to see Mike. Then I took her to the airport. It helped so much to have her here when I was in tears or wasnt thinking straight. It was great to do girly stuff together in the midst of all the chaos. We went for a late dinner with strawberry pie for desert...yum. I have been crocheting and she caught the bug. I gave her a refresher course and soon she was churning out a lovely blanket for Greta's baby. She will finish it long before I finish the one Im making.
  2. I went back to the SNF(skilled nursing facility) afterward and spent some time with Mike. He was pretty groggy so I left.
  3. When I got home Frank and I decided to take the cashiers check that Mike had gotten for the landlady over to Carlsbad. We called her and she agreed to meet us at the condo. We packed up the rest of Mike's things. He had a lot of clothes hung neatly in his closet, and some other miscellaneous items. We filled the back of my car and went back home. Then we transferred most of it to Mike's car where it will be safe. Cris is coming on Tuesday to help sort everything and put it in plastic bins.
  4. Then I went back down to see Mike and tell him that his stuff is safe. His Christian friends were there visiting. I had pulled his friend Dorrian's phone number from Mike's cell phone and called him. Dorian gathered the Bible study friends and arranged to visit him.Im sure they will be a comfort to him in ways that I cant be.
  5. I came back home to relax and write in the blog. It helps to write all of this. I can untangle my feelings and air them, instead of stuffing them.
  6. Thanks for reading this. Any comments are always appreciated.

1 comment:

  1. Sal,
    I see you are stepping through that which needs to happen very well. I am confident in your ability to steer through this transition. I am so glad Mary was there. Do you want someone else there?
    I encourage you to get up every morning and do the things you love. Get to the Wild Animal Park, the gym, the dog beach, golf, etc. every day and then visit Mike only when and if you want to go. It sounds like he is in good hands now.

    I keep going back to the picture I have in my mind of making our wishes known and handing Mandy to the Indian veterinarian. Then Skip and I turned and left the rest to the professionals.
    I have no idea how long this will take, but you and Frank both need to maintain those activities that bring you joy throughout the process.
    We love you both and hold you both in our thoughts.
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete