Thursday, June 16, 2011

Condolences

Mike and his cousin Sean at Meghan's wedding

We are hearing from Frank's side of the family. His sister Patty has been telling them of Mike's death. Frank's brother Tom and his wife Sandy just called. They dont know what to say. There really isnt anything to say. So we told them more details and I will send them the link to the blog. It pretty much says it all. It is a comfort to receive cards and calls and emails. Sometimes the calls are difficult. But in the long run it is probably good to get them. Enough time has passed that we might be able to talk without breaking down. But you never know. Things change from one minute to the next.
On Saturday it will have been two weeks since Mike died. I still can not wrap my mind around that fact. The only time I believe it to be true is when I remember weeping over his body. I put my hand under his shoulder and it was still warm. It's still such a shock.
Mark Bauman's mother, Joyce sent a sweet card with these words of comfort, 'Death leaves a heartache that no one can heal. Love leaves a memory that no one can steal'
I have to remember the love we shared with Mike. No matter how bad things were, we always took the time to say, 'I love you' to each other.  Mike knew that we loved him, no matter how far away he was.

No comments:

Post a Comment