Friday, June 17, 2011

Learning from Michael


I went to the Wild Animal Park today. It is a place where I feel and hear Mike most clearly. I have always known it is sacred ground.  Today I walked a quiet path where the visitors rarely go. I sat down in a shady spot by a little creek. I asked Mike to join me. Within a few minutes a hawk flew overhead and landed on a tree nearby. Then it flew away, right over my head. The hawk seems to be one of Mike's favorite ways of letting me know he is here. He told me something that I had not thought about before. He said that there is no time for him. He is in eternity. And that means he is not bound by linear time. Therefore, he can step in and out of my life whenever I need him. There wont be a moment when he leaves me and moves on. He can easily step into any part of my experience and give me the broader perspective that he now enjoys. This was very reassuring to me. I was trying to cling to him to make him stay. I was hugging my grief to me because I was afraid that if I started feeling better he would leave. I realize now that I can get through the grieving process without sending Mike away. He will still be here when Im feeling better. Im already feeling better. Im engaging in my life, talking to my siblings and friends. And just feeling balanced and ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment