Thursday, June 9, 2011

My heart is broken

Will it ever mend? I dont know. I cant even talk to my family without crying. I havent talked to Mom in over a week. We usually talk about every other day. If I try to talk to them I just cry. I dont want to make Mom cry. She needs to stay more even.
I just cant stop thinking about my beautiful boy with the fatal flaw. Why oh why was he cursed with this?  He had two fatal flaws.. the bipolar disorder and the alcoholism. It just isnt fair. 
I saw Dr Layton (my therapist today) He told me that only 8% of alcoholics recover. 8%!!!!!! That is just awful. He told me that Mike was ok when he was with people. But when he went home the pain was unbearable. So he numbed himself with alcohol.
This horrible disease has taken a son, a brother, a cousin, an uncle, a nephew. So many people are hurting tonight because he is gone.  But I hurt the most. Im his mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment