Friday, June 10, 2011

Yellow flowers


Katie had a dream on the day of Mike's memorial. She dreamt she saw Mike under an arbor full of bright yellow flowers. She asked how it was there. He said, 'It's better than the alternative' with a twinkle in his eye. For us dying is the alternative. To Mike, living was the alternative. Katie told me to watch for yellow flowers. Mike would be near when I saw them.
Today I went to the Wild Animal Park, my place of healing. I had my iPhone and was listening to the music we played at Mike's memorial. He had some bagpipe music on his computer. So I used that. I have always loved bagpipe music. So it seemed appropriate. I sat on a bench by my favorite pond, far from the crowds. I felt him sitting beside me with his arm around me, as he did so often. I cried and cried as I listened to the Angel song.(Sarah Maclachlan) Then he said, come on Mom, get up and lets walk. We walked over to the new Bonsai exhibit. There at the entrance was a huge tree with yellow flowers. I knew he was with me. He promised he wouldnt leave until I felt ok. He knows he caused this pain, and it hurts him. He will try to heal it before he goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment