Sunday, July 3, 2011

Death vs life


In order to be ok with Mike's death, I need to be ok with death. The word 'death' is pretty grim. There is no way to pretty it up. I think it was invented by people who wanted other people to fear death. Because if they feared death, the other people (are you with me here?) would be able to exert some pressure on the people who feared death.
Mike didnt fear death. He welcomed it. No, he longed for it. He wanted to go for many years if truth be told. He and I had an agreement that even though we wanted to go, we wouldnt actually go because we didnt want to hurt each other that badly. Well, he tried to keep his word. But it all was just too much for him I guess.
Now I see Mike on the other side, the other side of death. What is the opposite of death? Life.  Dark, light. Sad, Happy, Body, spirit. All contrasting.
Mike is standing in the arbor with the yellow flowers, trying to help me understand the fundamental reason why there is no need to fear death. Because there is no death!
The joke is on us! Here we go to all this trouble to keep death at bay. We study how to stop it, how to keep the body alive even though it desperately wants to die.   When the reality is that there is no death! 
That's why Mike has that twinkle in his eye, when he tells Katie, that where he is now is 'better than the alternative' And what would Mike's 'alternative' be? To be alive in a body that is full of pain and tortured by the demons in his mind.
I will have to sort out the 'demons in the mind' thing too. But not today.
Not to worry anyone. I am so happy to be right here in this body on the planet, reaching forward in this life, seeking all that feels good and right to me. Im hanging around for the next adventure. I dont have demons in my head. 
But I do have Mike. And he is able to see far more than I can. And he is able to channel valuable information to me. This wonderful adventure called life has taken on a whole new dimension I can hardly wait to see where I go next.

No comments:

Post a Comment