Saturday, December 3, 2011

Letting go

Katie said something to me yesterday that really hit home. She said I am trying to continue the dysfunctional relationship I had with Mike for 42 years
Even though it is over. Of course it is hard to stop habits of thinking that have been in place for so long. Steve taught me that you cant really make these imbedded thought patterns go away without a prefrontal lobotomy. But you can create a stronger picture to replace the old one. What stronger picture do I need than the thought of Katie giving birth to my grandson? So I'm going to work that picture up in my mind. I'm here in San Francisco for Katie's shower. It will be easy to stay in this moment as I sleep in the nursery surround by baby things. This is the picture I will take home with me. What a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment