Sunday, May 29, 2011

Reaching Out


It is time for us to reach out to the Christian community for someone to help Mike on his spiritual journey. Im sure this experience will give me a stronger connection to my own personal faith. It has never left me. But it has been on the back burner. I dont want to block out any part of who I am.  And who I am is a child of God.  My concept of God is different than that of the evangelical community.  But I still feel that first moment of joy when I asked Jesus into my heart. It has never left me. I have been guided and protected by His angels at times when I could not reach out to Jesus.  I use different terms when I think about God than evangelicals use. But we really arent that far apart. I am comforted by the love and prayers of all of my family and friends, regardless of  terminology they use or the beliefs they hold. I am surrounded by light and love. 
Michael has always been clear that he is a Christian. He knows that he will be in the arms of God when his time comes. 
Mary has a Christian friend here who has put us in touch with a Christian man that lives very close to Casa De Los Companions. He will be coming by to see Mike this afternoon

No comments:

Post a Comment