Sunday, June 26, 2011

Reaching for a thought that feels better


I have a digital picture frame.  The other day I filled it with over 300 pictures from my computer. Im an avid photographer. I take pictures of pretty much everything I see. I have over 12,000 pictures on my computer.  I have the frame in my bedroom and keep it going all day. As I sat and watched it last night, each picture brought back a memory. I get so much pleasure out of the pictures that stand out, and I remember exactly where I was, and who I was with when I took the picture. There are pictures of Mike, but they are only a small percentage of the total.  It occurred to me that Mike isnt the only thing in my life. It has felt that he is the only one that existed these last few weeks. But the reality is that he wasnt a large part of our lives. He lived his life with others. The friends that he had got to be with the Mike who was fun, clever talented and intelligent. The Mike we got was sick, or hurt(in a car accident). Once he recovered he returned to his place in Carlsbad, and we went back to our lives.  It didnt feel good to us to have him with us when he was sick. In fact it felt yucky. It was always a relief when he returned to his place.
As I watched the pictures on the frame, there was so so much to remember, so many wonderful times with friends, family, at various beautiful places, so many times when I got the perfect shot and was so very pleased about it.
Im reaching for a thought that feels better. There are over 300 'thoughts'. Each time the frame changes there is another beautiful memory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment